Two Questions: Unlinking and use outside of original country

When a base station is unlinked from an existing account can it be added to another one and used out of country?
I was thinking of upgrading mine to the new Pro, and re-using the original one for use abroad.
Would I need a new SIM card if it is being used in Europe (if it even would work there), for the Protect plan?
And does the internet backup of the Pro also work in Canada with the 3GB emergency backup?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @xAndrTor. We do not recommend trying to use a Ring Alarm system in a different country than where it was designed for use. Different countries and regions have different laws and regulations regarding security systems, including different Z-Wave frequencies. A Ring Alarm Base Station that was designed for use in the US may not work properly or follow local regulations for use in Europe.

The Ring Alarm Pro is only available for the US at this time. We don’t have any additional information to share on if or when the Alarm Pro will be released for use in Canada. I hope this information helps answer your questions. :slight_smile:

1 Like