Two out of my 8 solar path lights not working after charging it

Has anyone experienced this issue?

1 Like

Hi @smartengrhome. We have a very in depth Help Center article here that could provide some assistance. If you’re unable to get your Smart Lights working after troubleshooting with the help of the article, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

confirmed that it is two of my Ring chargeable batteries that are not holding charges. I confirmed this by swapping a working unit and putting that good battery in the ones that I wasn’t able to turn on. I will be calling Ring to send me batteries since these lights are only a few months new.

Yes. I have had lots of problems with the batteries. After some time working with customer support they sent me a replacement batch. Now, after a month another battery has died, causing the light to go offline. When I plug the light using the cable the battery doesn’t charge which indicates to me that it is dead. Ring really needs to determine the problem with the batteries.

I will need to contact ring again to request a replacement battery.

2 of my solar path lights quit working. I figured out it was the batteries. I called ring and they told me I would have to go buy new batteries. These lights are only a couple months old. New batteries would cost as much as the lights themselves. Thanks a lot ring