Trying to download a live view from last night

Hi! This is my first post here, so sorry if I post this in the wrong section or something like that.

Last night we heard a lot of locomotion from outside. Screaming and other sounds. This was from outside my motion sensor view, so the camera did not react/trigger. Because of this, I started live view, and I think I was looking at this for all 10 mins before it turned itself off. No motions, just a lot of screaming.
When I woke up today I thought it would be a good idea to keep this video if there would come something out of what I heard last night, so I tried downloading this live view. I have tried on IOS, ring app on mac, and also web browser. The button is there , but nothing happens. On IOS it says “preparing”, on ring app on mac it says “downloading” and in the browser the circle around the download button is spinning. But then nothing happens. I am on a 500/500 Mbps line, so should be sufficient and quick.
I find it hard to believe if it is not possible to download live views - the footage are there, and the buttons are there.
Maybe I need to do it another way?

Hey @GeirL. You can certainly download your videos if you have an active Ring Protect Plan subscription. This Help Center article here has information on how you can download and share your videos. I hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply, @Tom_Ring, but I have read that document several times and tried everything to get this to work. And it does work for motion based videos, but it is not working for live view videos. I have also tried creating a link to the movie - it works for motion based videos, but for the live view video I get an error message on any device except for mobile. And on mobile device I get a link, but following that link gives a message “the user has removed the video” or something similar.

Hi @GeirL. Thanks for getting back to me. A few more questions. What version of the Ring app are you using and on what type of phone? Do you get the same results if you use cellular data only? Lastly, would you be able to upload a screenshot of any error messages that you are receiving? I’d like to be able to share this information with my team to see if we can figure this out.

Hi @Tom_Ring, I have trided adding some images here.
This is when using the web, trying to get a share link:

I first tried downloading the video, the download button starts spinning and then nothing happens - and then it stops spinning. No error message.

From my iphone (12 pro max) I get this when trying to download:

And it can be “preparing” for hours, I actually dont know if it ever will stop.

When creating a link with the phone, it works, but the link is dead…

(sorry for making 3 posts, but Im only able to embed one image in a post).

Hi @GeirL. Thank you for providing these screenshots. I will share this information with my team and hopefully, we’ll be able to get to the bottom of this soon. In the meantime, I suggest using a screen-recording feature, or app, to save any important videos until this is fixed. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks, neighbor!