Transfer of ownership from a deceased relative

Hey

My Grandfather passed away eariler this year.
We’re in the process of selling his house, but we decided to keep the Ring Door bell and chime.

However we’re unable to transfer the ownership of the device from his account to mine.
I know his username and password however the 2 phase authentication is requesting that I enter a code sent to his email

I cannot access the email as the account no longer exists (It’s an @eircom.net email, Eircom shutdown all the old free email addresses last year)

I have no way to remove the device from his account.
Any idea what to do here? (It seems very difficult to get in contact with Ring Support)

Thanks
G.

Hi @grahambo2005. My condolences. To transfer ownership, please call into our support team. They will request some documents that you can email in and start the process. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Tom,

I am in the same situation, my Mother and Father had a ring account. My father passed away and my mother sold their house. She purchase a new home that already had a Ring. I had no problem installing the new ring door bell to my parents account as she had Ring app and Account already on her iphone. It worked well for a year untill my mother updated her phone, then Ring App asked for a password, which we knew and entered then it sent a two-step code to my fathers email address which is no longer exisit. We were on the phone for well over an hour.

I setup my mother a new Ring account however Ring app would now allow us to add the Ring Door Pro onto her account because it was assigned to the original owner, which is the account my father setup. The Ring representative told us it would take 24-48 hours to release the existing Door Bell from my fathers account so that we can add to my mothers account. Unfortunately nothing happened.

Hi @Nickmjr. For this concern, it would be best to follow up with our support team. As this is a neighbor to neighbor support forum and not a direct line to support, I am unable to access any information to assist. Once you are verified over the phone, the support agent will able to assist and make sure that this gets resolved. You can reach the support team using the link in my previous post.