tp link deco m5 mesh causing problems

since installing the above i have and are having lots of live view issues. doorbell and spotlight cam slow to load, mostly doesn’t load at all. various error messages saying your internet connection maybe blocking live view, or sits on activating …mostly if i swap from the ring app to rapid ring one works but the other doesnt and vise versa.

the deco is set to default values but i have also tried beaming off and on rapid search off and on but makes no difference.

i am aware that there have been similar issues with the deco m4 … it seems that ring does not like mesh systems. everything else i have in the house connected works absolutely perfect includ8ng other cams nest thermostats ect

so what is the issues with mesh networks that ring doesnt like?

i bought the deco to improve the ring service as the vm wifi was not great… seems to have got a lot worse.

note that no live view this morning but had an rsi strenth of 38 green.

Hey @hotlurve, I definitely want to make sure that you’re able to use you Live View. I would first look at this Community article here to see if this information can help. If you’re still having issues with Live View, it sounds like our support team will need to be involved to investigate this issue and find a solution for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to check back in and let me know how they were able to help!