Timer for disabling alarm/recordings

I disable alerts and recordings when working in my yard or driveway. More than once I’ve forgotten to turn it back on. A timer function when turning off alerts would be a great feature add. For example “disable for x hours.”

2 Likes

Same issue with me.
a timer would be awesome.
i find out after several days that the motion and recording are off. Please add a timer to that feature.

I came here to post this same suggestion. A Timer would be a great addition for when you expect motion activity for example doing yard work or having friends and family over and people are constantly coming in and out.

100% agree. I turn off my video doorbell when my kid is playing in front of it, and I always forget to turn it on again at night. A timer for modes would be wonderful.

seconded ……. are ring aware of these requests? and are they doing anything about it?

1 Like

Given I’m coming here 18 months after the original post with the same issue, I’m not convinced it’ll do any good - but yes, timer please!

I’ve put a Ring Indoor Cam in my home office and I don’t want it recording when I’m working and I don’t want to have to remember to turn it on and off.

Modes aren’t much help because they rely on you manually switching between them. They really should be on a schedule too if they’re to be useful.

My workaround is plugging it into a wifi-enabled socket which is set to turn on at 7pm every day. I turn it off manually when I enter the office. Bit clunky though and such an obvious and easy to implement feature should really be built-in.