Hey neighbors! Animals bring a lot of joy to our lives, both the ones we keep as pets as well as the wild ones that may show up around our homes. With Ring devices, you’ve probably caught some funny or adorable moments of your pets and wild animals. With that in mind, we’re inviting you to share clips of your pets or your local wildlife with the Ring Community for a chance to win 1 of 2 prizes by participating in our Scout for Ring Animals video contest!
How to enter: Share a video from your Ring device that shows your pets or local wildlife being cute, funny, or interesting! For example, this could be deer showing up in your garden and eating away or maybe your dog or cat causing some mischief at home - all caught on your Ring Doorbell or Camera.
Think you’ve captured the perfect video on your Ring device? Join the contest by posting your submission in the contest thread right here! Please be sure to add a description, and city or state in the title. Learn more about how to download your Ring video from your computer here. Remember to participate by liking any great videos posted by other neighbors.
- Only one submission (one reply) per user is allowed. The video must be a Ring video from your own Ring device (Ring logo must be present in video). Learn more about how to download your Ring video from your phone or computer here .
- Entries will be accepted from today, February 1st, 2021 until February 28th, 2021. The top 2 qualifying video submissions with the most likes will determine our 1st and 2nd place winners. These winners will be chosen and announced by March 1st, 2021.
- Videos should not show any injury, graphic material, or explicit language. Please be nice to other users and their submissions, and keep things fun and light-hearted - we want to see those cute and funny animal moments! Make sure your post is appropriate and follows our Community Guidelines.
- Only valid for neighbors that are in the U.S. We will announce the winners and reach out to the winner accordingly to obtain shipping information. Please read the official contest rules here.
Prizes : Whether 1st or 2nd place, you will have your Video Submissions featured in the announcement we made of said winner and will each receive a Community Swag Bag. In addition, here is the breakdown of prizes per winner:
- 1st Place : Stick Up Cam Plug-In and Community Swag Bag.
- 2nd Place: Indoor Cam and Community Swag Bag.
How to win: Winners will be chosen by number of likes on their submission*, but the video must include an animal of some sort to remain relevant to the theme! Submit your funniest or cutest Ring animal video and try adding a creative title to bring attention to your post.
- In the event that there are multiple winners because of the same number of likes, a tiebreaker would be determined at random. In the case of said tie, a neighbor from the tiebreaker pool for said prize will be chosen at random.
Animals provide us with companionship and entertainment, and we want all neighbors to feel welcome in sharing some of their favorite moments. If you share a video of your pet, feel free to include the backstory or any fun facts about them that you want to share with the Community!
If you’re not sure what type of video to share for this contest, take a look at this Neighborhood Stories video from the official Ring Facebook page for some ideas! You can share a clip like one of those featured, and write a short blurb with the backstory or some fun facts about your pet if it applies!