The Ring App has a temporary connection issue after iOS 15.5 upgrade

Just updated to iOS 15.5 and the Ring App won’t connect or load the Dashboard. Worked perfectly before iOS 15.5 so I am assuming there is a correlation between that. The Ring App on my Android phone is working just fine, so I am assuming the backend services are ok.

Any idea how to fix this or ETA on an updated app?

1 Like

Same here. IOS app only works on data not on wifi.
Help!

Hey neighbors. Are you still having this issue? I’ve recently updated my IOS and Ring app and I’m not having the issue you’ve described. If this is still happening, I can look into it.

I am having this issue. I have reinstalled 2 battery stick up cams, the app etc etc and no luck on connecting via Wi-Fi or data. I have recently installed iOS 15.5 on all my devices so there is direct correlation. Wi-Fi fine on all other apps / tech in my home / devices. But ring not working at all, no matter what I do.

Hi @user13264. Do you have an active VPN on your phone? Can you share a screenshot of the error you are receiving so I can share this with my team? What version of the Ring app do you have installed? Thanks, neighbor.

There is no error message as such… it just says loading and nothing loads… sometimes it says “streaming error - click to reconnect”.
I don’t have VPN active / on.

V5.51.0
And rapid ring
Doesn’t work on either
And have spoken to your CS team for support. Still not working.

Hi @user13264. Thanks for that information. My next suggestion would be to connect your Stick-Up Cam to a WiFi hotspot, then attempt a Live View. If you are able to Live View on the WiFi hotspot, there is some settings on your network blocking the Live View. If not, you will need to follow up with our support team to continue to troubleshoot this issue. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like