The ring app dashboard keeps reporting one of my online camera disconnect

I have 10 cameras and they all work fine until yesterday the dashboard of the ring app keeping tells me that my Floodlight Camera is offline. I can’t go live with it. However, it can be triggered by motion because I can still receive the rich notification when someone goes by before it. If it is triggered, the dashboard will report the camera is back online for just about 1-2 mins and then it will show that the cam is offline again! But I can still see the video clips on the timeline. So I am pretty sure the camera’s wifi and the Internet are ok because one: I can receive the notification and, two: it still uploads the videos to the ring server. It is pretty annoying that I can’t check the live feed because of this. Is there anyone has the similar situation? Any solutions?

1 Like

Same problem!! I have 1 doorbell, 3 floodlights, 3 stick up cams. I have been playing whack a mole for 5 days. Each time I reset the wifi, one will come back, another one will go offline. I have tried up manually reset up the cameras, they go offline again. They all have connections, doing the same thing you describe. When I called support they told me to get a chime pro. Did not have these issues until a few days ago, if you search others have this issue as well… No solution so far.

1 Like

I have a Chime Pro and the cameras that started to go offline until motion is detected are the ones connected to the Chime Pro. THIS IS A RING PROBLEM. Now my doorbell is doing the same thing along with other floodlight cameras. It’s random cameras and I’m getting tired of pulling out the ladder and hard resetting them only for the cameras to go offline again.

2 Likes

Yep. I believe it. I think they were placating me. I wish they’d admit there is an issue instead of blaming it on the user’s connection…

Recently i bought and installed two Stick up Cam Elite (wired). Both cameras at the beginning worked properly. After a while (estimate a couple of days after installation) one of the 2 cameras lost wifi connection and went offline. At the same time one camera is working properly but the other one is not. Wifi signal is ok, power supply is ok. any ideas?

I have the same problem. My Ring Pro door bell and Flood light camera shows are offline. I have to walk in front of the devices to trigger motion detection then they will go online. Then they go offline in a few minutes. My mode is ‘HOME’.

1 Like

Something’s going on. I’ve had the same issue for the past few days. One goes offline, fix that one, another goes off. Tonight, all four cameras off, but never seems to affect doorbell.

1 Like

I think the device is random. It is definitely not our wifi problem. As I mentioned the notification and video clip are both ok. I just logged into my dashboard on the website and guess what, the floodlight camera can to the snapshot on the web (update a static picture every 40s-60s). But when you click the camera, it reports the camera is offline.

1 Like

Same issue here. Web and App show the updated screenshot every 60s, motion triggers camera back online, then goes right back offline. Started two days ago for me.

Hi neighbors! Thank you for calling this concern out. We’re sorry to hear that you’re experiencing difficulties with your Ring devices reporting as offline. I looked into this matter and rest assured that the appropriate team is investigating and working to resolve this as soon as possible. You can always reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here as well for any additional questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience as our team works on this! :slight_smile:

Hi neighbors! Thank you for your patience in this matter. I checked with my team and it looks like this issue with devices falsely reporting as offline has been resolved. To fix this, please reconnect your Ring device to wifi by following the steps in our Help Center Article here. Going through the setup process will have you put your device into setup mode and once it is reconnected, you should no longer have this concern.

If this concern does persist after reconnecting your Ring device to wifi, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I reconnected the floodlight cam and the offline issue is gone. Seems the problem has been solved.

1 Like