Support Z-Wave Plus Recessed Door/Window Sensor

Support 3rd party Z-Wave Plus Recessed Door/Window Sensors. Allows for concealed and cleaner installation for doors (main entry doors, or service doors). Another option would be to support the GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Door Sensor that attaches to the door hinge. Both of these solve mounting issues with the normally supplied Ring contact sensor with door gaps, and molding issues.

Agreed,
Ring could rebrand and certify an existing z-wave sensor.

this is standard with most alarm systems.

Yes agreed. Lots of recessed sensors on the market, Amazon could rebrand one and call it the Sensor Pro. OR better yet, use one of the existing sensors since they work so well.

I really need this. I just switched over to Ring for security. I paired my Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor which allowed me to then assign the door open/close chimes, but opening the door does not trip the alarm. It shouldn’t be so difficult for us to use 3rd party door sensors. And supporting them wouldn’t even affect sales of the Ring branded sensors, because Ring does not have a recessed door sensor, and these sensor cost more then Ring sensors.