Sudden poor quality night vision

Received a ring indoor camera yesterday and set it up in my sons bedroom. Initially all great, picture quality fine but at around 9pm last night the camera became unavailable and when it came back a few minutes later the quality is just awful.

I have attached 2 images showing the shift in quality. There were no environmental changes e.g. changes in lighting during this period. My initial thought was a connectivity issue but rebooting the router, reseting the device or completly removing it from my ring account and reloading have made zero difference.

The router is in the next room through a partition wall and the signal strength shows as very good.

I have tried a different USB power supply which as the same voltage/amp rating and the performance is the same.

Wondering if there was a firmware update that occured in the period when it became unavailable and this caused significantly reduced performance. Otherwise I would say some kind of IR illuminator / sensor failure, really strange.

Anyone else ever had a similar experience?

HI @BaileyCol. It sounds like you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting already. One thing you can try is to change the port on your router that your Indoor Cam is accessing. If you need any help doing this, or would like more information on what may be happening with your Indoor Cam, you can contact our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I have the same problem and adjusting my router settings hasn’t worked.