Sub-Modes or night mode

I would like to propose that you can have some sort of sub-mode or the mode changes depending on time of day (with an option to confirm the change on the phone for example first via a notification).

The problem is: at night I want my indoor cameras in the living room to trigger with motion, but during the day I do not want them too. So on home mode I cannot have both, and obviously at night I dont want to set to away as the motion sensor in the main bedroom would go off.

Ring and amazon have also had months and months of requests that you can set your echo (or all devices such as iPads) to automatically show the video screen when someone rings the doorbell. This should be very simple and have been done by now.

Please also make the Yale lock usable via the Ring app in the UK. I had it installed thinking it was possible, then was told only in the USA. Frustrating!

13 Likes

Completely agree. There should be a Night/Sleeping Mode. This can be like an in between of Home and Away… the primary reason is you might want to have a kitchen sensor or back door not armed during home (say you have a dog, letting them out etc during the day), but it should be armed while you’re asleep.

This is what I am looking for, I need a night only mode for when im at home. I don’t want it on all day capturing people walking past my house as the battery runs down very quickly. Can we set it to night only in some way without having to change it to ‘away’ manually each night. I thought it would have this simple option… but I can’t find it???

I would add that the modes can be triggered from outside of the app, for example using IFTTT or Alexa directly. Examples could include “Alexa, good night” would be able to trigger the proposed night mode and/or Home mode activates when I sign onto my home wifi network etc.

cheers

This is needed, and would likely help with false alarms. I want all of the contact sensors on my doors monitored while we’re asleep, but don’t want the sensors on the door to my backyard monitored when I’m home during the day.

I need a night mode as well. I need a separate “Home” with certain motion detectors enabled .