I am installing my first Video Doorbell. With the App, I get as far as choosing my network and entering a password. Then I just get a failed page, and the light keeps spinning.
I am trying to connect with a BT Smart Hub. I have found various tips online so at the moment…
- I have separate 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz connections, and can confirm the doorbell only sees the 2.4GHz
- The “Smart setup” is turned off.
- The SSID only contains alpha characters
- Security type is WPA2
- I have tried specifying channels 1, 6 and 11 (the only ones available).
- The hub has a “wireless mode” which defines the 802.11 protocols that are supported - I have tried all 3 options
- I have checked the hub event log and that shows no entry after I try a doorbell setup
- I have done a factory reset on the doorbell (holding the orange button for >30 seconds)
- I also tried connecting to a hotspot on my phone with the same result - The network appears in the list, but does not connect.
- My wifi analyser shows I am getting a strong signal and there are no other strong signals in the areas.
- At the point of entering the password, the App has some advanced options - I noticed that these seem to default to a static IP entry. I have tried selecting DHCP and tried entering a valid static IP configuration.
I have concluded my unit is broken! Is there anything I have missed? Thank you community