Streaming Error on Stick Up Cam Only

I have had my stick up cam for over a year. Yesterday (I’m assuming in the afternoon; I noticed it at 11:00 last night), the live view stopped working. The motion detection still works, as does the plackback of the motion. However, when I try to go to live view, it just states there is a streaming error, and I have the choice for more info, or to reconnect (which just puts me in a loop of hitting the button over and over). I have tried unplugging my router and plugging it back in, I have tried deleting the app, turning my phone off, and reinstalling it, I took the battery out of the camera, everything I could find in the community boards. Nothing is working. It is causing me frustration. Can someone help me? I use this feature a lot, and I don’t want to leave my house without it working.

1 Like

I’m having this same issue! My 3 indoor stick up cams show “streaming” error when trying live view. Still detects motion. My doorbell and 2 outdoor spotlight cams are not having any issues. I’ve tried resetting cameras, WiFi, etc and still having trouble. Any other suggestions?

Hey neighbors! Thank you for sharing your experiences here and what you have tried to do to resolve the Live View giving you this streaming error. Another troubleshooting step you could try to see if you can resolve this concern is the following:

• Go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Device in question > Device Settings > General Settings > Remove this Device. Please save any videos you need before fully removing the device!
  • Once removed from your account, press and hold the setup button for 20 seconds to reset the device successfully. For a battery operated device like the Stick Up Cam Battery, please ensure you do the reset with a fully charged battery inside. For the Stick Up Cam Plugin, ensure it is plugged in.
  • After the reset, please set up the device on your account again. Once the device is set up, allow a few minutes for the firmware to finish updating before activating the Live View.

In the event you still get a streaming error, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.