Stickup Cam Motion Wizard

Why is there no motion wizard for the ring stickup cam battery like there is for the ring doorbells? How are you suppose to know how far the motion detection goes without video representation showing it?

Hey @TruBluAussie. The Motion Wizard is a tool that only the Ring Video Doorbell and the Ring Video Doorbell 2 use, as explained in our Help Center Article here. This is a great starting point for our neighbors to go through for the first time setup, but all the changes you make based on the Motion Wizard, you can make individually through changing settings like Motion Zones and Motion Frequency. I recommend exploring these settings for your Stick Up Cam, and please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this. :slight_smile:

I have explored these settings however it does not give a visual representation of how far the motion will be detected like the motion wizard does so its hard to tell if you need to dial back the motion zoning or not. Also with the 3rd Gen Stick Up Battery Cam there appears to be no option to have the motion notification say what you have called your device it appears to only say the default device name which is stick up cam.

@TruBluAussie Thanks for getting back to me and I appreciate your feedback on the Motion Wizard. I will make sure to pass on your feedback on this to the appropriate teams so we can look into making improvements for the future. For the motion notification sound’s alert, it is limited to saying just Motion at your Stick Up Cam at this time, but this would be a great idea for the future.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!