Stickup CAM 3rd gen blurry image on the edge?

Does any one have the same issue? Just wonder if it is normal.

Crystal clear in the middle, blurry image on the edge.

Hey @kisceneret. Could you should us what this looks like? A screenshot would be most helpful!

Here is a picture, notice how the left side is kind of blurry?

@kisceneret Thanks for that screenshot! There’s a couple reasons why this may be happening, but isn’t too much of a cause for concern if you are unable to move the device around. It seems this slight blur may be from sunlight exposure at the top left area, and that if you’re able to angle it down a bit more, or even in a different area not facing the sun so head-on, that this blur may go away from you. In addition, you can always see if cleaning the lens is the easy fix for this! Another question I have though is how high is this mounted? From the looks of it, seems to be a bit high, as having it higher than 9 ft high could cause some blur. Do you by any chance know how high it is? If it’s less than 9 ft, no worries on that point. :slight_smile:

Chelsea, yea, my initial thought was a dirty lens and tried cleaning the lens but it doesnt seem to change anything. Its about 9 feet high.

The blurryness is the same during day time or night time with night vision. I have highlighted the area on the left side of this night time screenshot to indicate the whole blurry area.

Is it common/as expected or is my unit special and that its not something you see in other devices?

Thanks

@kisceneret Thanks for getting back to me and that night time photo! In the daytime with a lot of light, I could see why this may be blurry, as well as if it were mounted too high. Although, considering you have the optimal height for installation and this is happening at night time too, I do not think this is as it should be. In this case, it would be best to follow up with our support team on this!

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Mine has the same issue. Center of image is crystal clear, but the edges (especially the left) are blurry.

What’s also strange is that, if I watch the live feed, I can see the edges (again, mainly the left) getting less and more blurry every few seconds.

Seems the problem with 3rd generation Stick Up Cams continues. I have the same exact problem with blurred edges out of the box. After 30 mins of system resets and adding the Stick Up Cam back into the app with tech support the problem persist. The solution is a new camera. If you get this far be sure you request a new camera, else you will be sent a refurbished unit. I had to send it back.
One positive point even though this is the second camera to fail, is the Telephone Support is excellent!!!

1 Like