Stick Up Camera stopped working now I have put it outside!!!

I have recently purchased a stickup camera and Solar panel for my garden. I used it indoors for a couple of days whilst awaiting the arrival of another camera for the lounge. I put the Stick up Cam outside today it is in fact sighted literally the other side of the wall. The camera worked for approx 1hr then it stopped showing a live feed to my phone or MacBook.

I have reset the apps, reset the modem etc. and I am at my wit’s end as to what to do now. The camera is no more than 12’ from the Modem admittedly it’s outside, but that is what it was designed for or sold for at least. So how do I actually get this camera to work?

I added the settings from the device page for the camera.

Hi @JonLeda. Thank you for attaching the photo, it really helps! It looks like you Camera is getting a good wifi signal, so what you can try to do is reset the camera and see if it offers any improvement. You can reset the Camera by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then release. The Camera will reboot and you’ll be able to reconnect the Camera to wifi. Once that is complete, I’d expect your Live View to be greatly improved.

If this does not yield positive results, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

Forgot to attach the Device Health image