Stick-Up cam Plug in - No custom motion Zones?

So every video I can find on this topic online says the wired versions of the ring products should have custom motion zone capabilities. - but I just installed a stick up cam plug in and am only seeing three pre-set motion zones – which sort of makes it useless for the purpose I intended.

Do any ring cameras have the custom motion zones like my doorbell has?

side note – no e-mail address or phone number to contact support is pretty horrific - being forced to create an account on here is a real PITA.

This is the link that clearly states this camera should have custom zones, so I’m pretty upset it doesnt. - https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021842611-Utilizing-Motion-Zones-With-Your-Powered-Ring-Devices

At the bottom of every page is the support number.
Here I copied it for you.
Call Us
US: +1(800) 656-1918 (24/7)
US: +1(888) 981-8993 (Español - 24/7)
INTL: +1(310) 929-7085 (24/7)

Thanks! - would be nice if it were on the main ring.com page or help page!

Thanks again for the phone number – for anyone else who has the same issue and would like to know – after a call to support they simply advised that despite their website saying the stick-up cam wired and plug in support customizeable motion zones as they do on https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021842611-Utilizing-Motion-Zones-With-Your-Powered-Ring-Devices – they simply do not, and their website is wrong. - Which makes this camera not the right solution for my application. - very frustrating considering that is why I bought it.

1 Like

Which cam do you have? My indoor just released cams have it. My new released outdoor cam doesn’t. Which is strange since they all look the same and are all wired. But the outdoor cam isn’t listed so it correct for that one I guess.

I got the stickup cam wired / plug in – shown on the attachment it supports it . Funny you say the indoor has it – because I literally just got off the phone with another rep who advised the indoor camera doesnt have it either!! lol – they told me the only one with it like the door bell where you can pick the box of the motion zone is the spotlight cam. –

smh.

wondering if I should just put a doorbell in instead of the outdoor camera. of course, I’d have to put 12v out there now, which would be another step. But honestly, this seems like a software issue, not a hardware issue – so I’m not sure why they wouldn’t give all their cameras ability for custom motion zones?

Yes, my 3 indoor ones have it. My Floodlight cam and Ring Pro all do have it. My outdoor one only has 3 zones. My old stickup also doesn’t have it.

1 Like

Same here! I bought this because I wanted an adjustable zone for my dog run… long and narrow area. This does not do what is advertised.

1 Like

I have the exact situation you have. I was surprised to see the 3 crappy preset zones. Hope they release a software update to enable the feature. It’s critical to making it function correctly.

1 Like

I was surprised that it doesn’t have it, bought it anyway but it would be nice to have.

Same situation here. Is there a feedback spot where we can all ask them to fix this?

Hi neighbors! The Stick Up Cam Plug In (3rd Generation) features adjustable motion detection. These settings can still be adjusted in the Ring app with options like sensitivity, zones, and other motion features. While this device does not feature custom zones, detection can also be optimized by placement and mounting angle.

Check out our Camera Comparison Guide for insight on all of our Cameras, and what each features.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.:slight_smile:

It’s a simple software issue, not a hardware issue - you think you guys could run a update on the software to make this feature compatible with prior versions? - It’d be easy enough on Ring’s end to do so if they wanted to