Stick up Cam + Doorbell not working!

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me, I have a ring stick up cam and 2nd generation doorbell. As of yesterday evening they were working completely fine, but now they have both stoped working. The doorbell isn’t registering any motion or presses, nor is it recording anything. The same goes for the stick up cam, it’s not recording anything.

I can’t even go on live view it’s just stopped working. The connection number is good, it’s in the green for both cameras. The battery is also above 60% on both. I have tried taking the battery out for a few minutes then putting it back in, but this has had not effect.

Hey @Cory. Are the devices showing up as online in your Device Health section? Are there any ports and protocols on your router that are not open, restricting the device from functioning? In the event that the device is showing as online and your network settings are as they should be, please try removing the devices from your account, giving them a reset and the setting them back up on the account! Feel free to also fully charge up the batteries for both of these devices before setting them up again. For the reset, you will just press and hold down the setup button for 30 seconds on both devices. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hello, thanks for getting back to me. On the app my devices are showing up as online. I have managed to get the stick up cam back up and running by leaving the battery out over night and trying again in the morning. The same cannot be said for the doorbell. I have done a full reset on the device, it’s powering on during the setup but not Registering any presses or motion. Also I can’t see live view. When I try pressing the doorbell it lights up blue for about 2 seconds with no sound then it just terns off. I’m really not sure what’s going on.

@Cory Nice job getting the Stick Up Cam working! For the Doorbell, since it’s not re-set up on the account but not responding to anything still, try another reset, just to ensure the firmware isn’t getting stuck when updating. Please reset it this time by just pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, giving it a few minutes to reset, and then pressing the Doorbell. If the device still doesn’t sound or give you anything with Live View or events, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes!