Stick up cam battery not getting notifications

I just purchased a stick up cam battery. I can’t get consistent notifications. It notified me this morning when I left for work. Didn’t pick up the postman and didn’t pick me up when I got home. This is despite a cheap iGeek camera picking up multiple activity during the day.

I have tried to contact ring, even got an email from one of their social team at 7pm BST and when I responded I got an email to say they no longer communicated by email. This follows 4 days of Facebook messenger.

We are here to help, @FionaB32. As it sounds like you are receiving notifications at times but not for others, this is a great sign that your Stick Up Cam is online and communicating events. The first thing to check here will be motion settings. I recommend ensuring your Motion Frequency is set to “Frequent”, as any other setting for this feature is intended to preserve battery and avoid excessive motion.

Other motion settings such as People Only can also help with motion accuracy. The best method for optimising motion detection is through trial and error, using these settings.

When getting in touch with our support team, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: