Stick up cam battery night vision

In regard to the Ring stick up cam battery - Does anyone know if it’s possible to turn off the night vision/infared on the device i.e. the 2 little red lights that come on when dark.

The idea being to stop reflections at night off a window if placed indoors looking outside.

Hi @Soandso. There is not an option to turn off the infrared lights or night vision on our Doorbells and Cameras. Additionally, they are not intended to be placed facing a window, as the window can impact the motion detection from functioning properly. We do have a Feature Request board, so feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

@Caitlyn_ring

Thanks for the reply. Are you 110% sure there is no option to turn off infrared for the stick up battery cam? I read in some other forums that on the stick up cam battery that you can go to :
Devices / Stickup battery cam / device settings / video settings / infrared lights

And toggle it here.

I’ll definitely add to feature requests. I can see from a lot of forums that people would really like the option to turn off the infrared lights for certain situations.

Edit: feature request added

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Add-an-option-to-turn-infrared-night-vision-on-and-off/idi-p/61668

Bump.

@Soandso I checked with my team, and the only Camera that has an option to turn off the infrared lighting when it is recording is the Indoor Cam. None of the other Doorbells or Cameras have this option. I hope that helps clear things up for you, and thank you for linking to your post on the Feature Request board here for other neighbors to see! :slight_smile:

You might want to check again. There is clearly a toggle to turn on/off the infrared lights for night vision on stickup cams (gen. 3 anyway). It’s under “Device Settings”/“Video Settings”. The last setting you see there is “Infrared Lights for Night Vision” with a toggle to turn on or off.

Hello neighbors, thank you for your understanding and patience while I double checked with the team regarding this feature. The team updated me that the ability to turn the infrared light on and off is only available for Peephole Cam (Doorview Cam), Indoor Cam, and Stick Up Cam 3rd Generation. @Tex78745 you likely have a Stick Up Cam 3rd Generation, which is why you see this feature, and you can verify if your ** ** base **looks like ** the picture below. Please let us know if you have any additional questions and thank you for being great neighbors!

Stick Up Cam 3rd gen.png

1 Like