Stick up cam battery life?

Anyone know what the expected battery life of stick up cams? I’ve had mine for a few years now and now either the solar panels are weakning or the batteries are. They never seem to get back to 100% and each week they seem to be losing about 1%. They now sit anywhere from 89-91% charge, never going over even here in the bright, Florida sunlight.

Was 2 years all we expected stick up cam batteries/panels last?!

Hi @jarbarian. The Solar Panel for your battery operated device serves as a trickle charge. Depending on the amount of activity your Stick Up Cam sees, your Solar Panel may not be able to “keep up” with the usage. This typically happens if there is around 30 events per day, and a RSSI of -40. If you feel like your Ring Devices are not up to par, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They will be able to look at your account specifics and determine the best course of action. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I don’t think that’s it. You’d think with not a lot of motion activity and a full, bright sun hitting all the solar panels, they’d charge up to 100%. In fact, they USED to. It’s only recently that they’re just not charging as well as they used to. I know the cameras are almost 3 years old. I have to think the cameras/batteries are starting to go end of life. Is that not the case?

And if I have to buy another full set of cameras, do we get a discount or trade in for the ones that are going dead?

Hi @jarbarian. Our warranty policy for all of our Ring devices can be found here. With this being a neighbor to neighbor support forum, I’m unable to access your specific account information to see exactly how your cameras are operating. It would be best to contact our support team using one the links in my previous post. Feel free to come back and let us know how support was able to help you!

So basically at $100+ a pop for the stick up cams, they’re warranted for a year.

That means every 2-3 years we have to buy new ones.

This is making me think of other options for security cameras.