Stick up cam audio problem on 3G

I have a stick up cam that when accessed remotely from my iPhone provides perfect video quality but only provides good audio one way. I can hear the camera microphone but the audio from the camera loudspeaker is very broken and unintelligible.

Hi there, @RoyMillardUK! As you mentioned this being with 3G connection, does the audio quality improve when using wifi on your mobile device? I recommend also ensuring there is not vpn enabled on the mobile device.

While wifi interference between the router and Ring device will usually impact both speaker and microphone audio, it is always a good step to check your RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

It seems fine when on the iPhone is connected to the same wifi network. There’s no VPN enabled (as far as I’m aware!). It seems odd that the video is good, as is audio one way.

Thank you for the update on this, @RoyMillardUK! It does seem odd that only one audio type is impacted, however, this can happen at times. It sounds like either the processing or connection of the microphone audio delivery is having a tough time on cellular data. If you have an android mobile device, try checking for any android apps that conflict with the Ring app.

After narrowing it down some, another good step would be to inquire with your mobile device provider or cellular carrier for any possible improvements that can be made.

I don’t have an Android device, only Apple.

Another odd thing is that audio both ways is really clear over the Echo Dot in the same room as the camera.