Stick Up Cam Always Showing Low Battery in App

My battery-backed stick-up cam always shows that “Live view is disabled because <cam_name> has a low battery”, even though the battery has been fully charged (and I’ve tried with batteries from other cams).
I’m still able to (1) Re-init the cam through app without issues; (2) watch live view from Ring website; (3) manage the cam via app such as rebooting it, setting motion detection, etc.

Is there anything wrong with the app or cam? Could anyone give some help?

Hi @MiaoRing. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Ring app by checking your phone’s app store. You can find more information on the Ring app and mobile device compatibility here.

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring- thanks for the reply. I double checked that the Android app is the latest version (3.55.1), so as the firmware version of the cam (which is Stick up cam battery Gen 3).
I have the same issue with my iPhone Ring app.

I have another same cam which is installed outdoors. But I can watch its live view normally.

@MiaoRing Then I would suggest resetting the Stick Up Cam and performing a fresh setup in an attempt to resolve this. You can reset the Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, follow the steps under Set Up a Device to get the Camera reconnected to wifi.

If this concern persists and you keep seeing this error message despite having a fully charged battery installed, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring- I’ve tried resetting the cam but it doesn’t work. I’ll contact the support team. Thanks.

1 Like

After you have charged your battery and have replaced it in the ring stick up cam, you have to wait 30 seconds for the cam to reset before putting the base back on. Otherwise it still registers as a low battery. At least that was how it worked in my case.