Stick Up Battery Issue

The SU battery warning is showing on the app and it is preventing live view.

I have replaced the battery multiple times with fresh batteries and there is no change.

I have reset the SU camera and reinstalled it. Still no change.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still no change.

However, I can live view with the device on my Echo Show. I can also view my other ring cameras on the app and Echo.

Anyone know of a fix? The app won’t let me do an online chat with support.

Hi @nutbowl! It certainly sounds like you’ve taken the right steps for this to work. The best next step will be to ensure the wifi signal strength is not indicating any interference or distance via the RSSI found in the device health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post for tips on optimizing RSSI.

Try also to connect to live view with wifi only, as well as with data only, on your mobile device. Please also ensure there is not a VPN enabled. Sometimes a power cycle on the network can also help for efficient video connection. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I have done all of that. It still shows 0% battery life (even though it has a fresh battery) and we cannot enter live view on any of our phones. However our Echo Shows shows live view instantly.

This is a big problem as we leave the house quite a bit and need to see what’s going on at our house regularly.

I’m not sure what the point of having a camera if we can’t use it. Even worse, we pay a subscription for a service that we cannot fully enjoy.

I’m seeing the same issue is happening with the SU plug in versions as well. There are some long threads in this forum that are complaining about the same thing. One would think that this ticket would be raised in importance since it involves a large number of customers.

I’m really at a loss here…

Thank you for trying those steps @nutbowl. As we always value our neighbors feedback, anytime we see a growing concern around an issue we deliver these experiences right to our team. Your Stick Up Camera’s specific behavior is very odd to hear of, but it sounds like we’ve covered all the best first steps in getting this to work as intended.

as there are always multiple variables to consider, I recommend reaching out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting. This way they can rule out any additional factors and take the next best steps to get this resolved for you.