Stick Cam - Critical battery

So having looked through the community it seems I am not alone. For some reason our 2 week old Ring Stick Cam has decided it no longer wants to work.

We have 2 batteries so we can always hve one on charge as a spare but 2 weeks after being purchased and installed we no longer have a working Stick Cam. Now we have a camera that goes through the setup motions and then refuses to update the live view as it says the battery that is freshly charged is critically low.

Maybe its a duff battery you wonder, well nope it does this on both batteries and according to the front panel of our dashboard the last time our stick cam updated its status was 1st December which is the day the battery ran out originally.

So 2 batteries doing the same thing in the same unit, both batteries were charged for 24 hours before today for testing as I was going to do a full reset on the camera, the outcome of that… no live view even though I can see the Stick Cam on my router MAC table so I know its connected.

Is this a firmware issue, camera issue, server update issue or just bad luck? Either way I will probably be calling the support line later as it’s not nice spending nearly £100 on a camera to have it fail within 2 weeks of purchase.

Sorry to hear about this, @PaulKCMF. While there are various factors that can cause a battery to drain quickly, the behavior you are describing should not happen, especially with two batteries. Reaching out to our support team is a great idea as they can take a further look at this matter for you, and offer solutions. Please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.