Static noise always on my Ring Doorbell Pro

My husband installed our Ring Doorbell Pro this weekend and it works great. Great signal, old doorbell rings right after the new as Ring Doorbell chime, sends messages to my phone immediately. The problem is there is ALWAYS noise coming from my original doorbell box. It is very loud and sounds like the wind blowing really hard. It is driving my son crazy as the box is right outside his bedroom door and he has heard it all night for 2 nights. The doorbell is hardwired in place of our old doorbell. I have the iPhone 8 Plus. The problem isn’t with the phone connection though, it’s with the original doorbell chime.

Hey @jec, this static from the internal chime box could be due to wiring or with the chime box not being compatible. Please check out our Ring Help Center Article here for more information on how to wire and install the Ring Video Doorbell Pro. You can also follow this link to the Ring Help center article about compatible chimes, and how to bypass your internal chime box if needed, to avoid this buzzing sound.

1 Like

Thanks Chelsea… I just rewired (did not notice anything bad) and powered it back on. Last time it was night when we noticed the static so I will check then. I do notice alittle static (not as bad as before) when I reset the unit.

I will report back tomorrow after a night with it thanks!

1 Like

Was this resolved? My doorbell has been working fine for a month, now suddenly it gets static during recordings and if I am trying to live view it.

Thanks in advance

4 Likes

I am having the same issue, my ring worked perfect then 2 weeks ago static.

1 Like

Did you guys managed to solve the static noise issue?

Was there a solution to this?

I’m starting to get static noise when my ring pro is recording, and also on live view too.

The noise is coming on the playback on the app… not the doorbell itself.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hey neighbors. This Help Center article here has some useful information about audio and your Ring device. If this doesn’t seem to help, it would be best to reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.