Spotlight Camera not working after firmware update

Hi All,

I purchased two spotlight camera’s (wired) after finally getting around to install them I have encountered one stop working just after being installed. The spotlight was installed and went through the setup process, the device was added to my ring account. A firmware update was required to which the camera downloaded. The firmware upgrade was completed and the camera came back online. Within a few minutes, the camera went offline and the spotlights turned off and could not be turned off. The spotlight was not able to be entered into the setup more at all. The spotlight was disconnected from the power and after sometime re-connected. The sensor at the bottom flashed for a second and the spotlights turned back on. Again the camera is not able to be put into any kind of set up mode.

I can only guess the firmware upgrade didn’t install correctly, is there a way the firmware can be reverted to a previous version to be able to undertake the firmware upgrade again?

The other camera spotlight that was purchased a the same time installed and updated correctly and is in use.

The cameras were purchased over a year ago but have only just been installed.

Sorry to hear about this, @Andrew_B! If possible, try moving this Camera closer to your router in case it is still trying to complete the firmware update, or reconnect to the network. If the Camera seems unresponsive with no lights, please perform a reset by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. This should allow it to reconnect or attempt to finish any update.

If this concern persists, and as the other Camera is working as intended, this may require a closer look from our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.