Spotlight Cam Siren Volume

I too have fallen for the misrepresented word “Siren”. I just installed the newly purchased (Jan 2021) floodlight cam last week and tested the so called “Siren” and could barely hear it. Obviously this “Siren” will not have the desired affect of irritating an intruder. C’mon Ring! This has to be a mistake. Please come up with a user volume adjustment or just set it to your published volume NOW!
If you’ve tweeked the volume due to a lawsuit let me know that too so I can move on to another security system

1 Like

Newly installed (Feb)
Extremely disappointed…
Worst “Siren” i’ve ever heard. Mainly purchased this to have a siren in my backyard.
Ring, I love your doorbell … but this is a joke.

1 Like

This has to be fix siren is way to low. I cannot hear it over wind or cars going by.
I have it 9 feet off the ground and when stand under it it is not loud at all. Upgrade app with volume control so we can set it at a reasonable level.

1 Like

The siren volume is flat out quiet. Nothing would be startled. My guess is there is Ring video of prowlers laughing at it! Need to fix it!!

1 Like

Agreed, very disappointed and not as advertised. There must be a way of fixing this. May neighbrough has one and told me it was really loud but maybe he hasn’t heard it since it got dialled down. I only really bought the cam now it can like the siren to the home alarm system but that’s seems like a waste of time.

1 Like

Very disappointed in volume of this camera. Unless my door is open, it is very difficult to hear. It is certainly not a deterrent. Please fix this ASAP or I will need to get a real system instead.

Totally agree with all that’s been said in criticism here. We use a couple as doggy cams in our house and our pooches would scram out of the kitchen when we’d use it… just tried it recently and hardly got a reaction. I was puzzled, so tested the volume when I got home and it was ridiculously quiet! Ring has definitely downgraded the default volume.

Has anyone created a feature request for this yet? Seems like the customer service should have by now, but I don’t see anything definitive in the boards

How can we adjust the siren volume for Ring floodlight camera?

1 Like

Ring… Why has my siren volume been lowered to a level that would not scare off a rabbit? I want it back at 110dB. This was one of the main features I bought the camera for. You could easily have a disclaimer on the volume setting if you are that worried a thief would take you court. Get it sorted Ring. I will not be recommending your product any more until you get this fixed.

Just getting fobbed off by Ring over siren volume issue. Will be writing to Ring CEO next. I would suggest everyone emails Ring CEO! They might then get the message.

So when installing a spotlight camera plus can I simply skip updating the firmware to keep the siren at 110 decimals, and the products still work as its supposed to?

Hi @BB03. It’s not possible to skip firmware updates. When you setup the cam, once connected, it will automatically update to provide the best experience. If you notice that your siren has decreased in volume, you can reach out to our support team.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.