Spotlight cam black video only at night

My spotlight cam suddenly started recording black video at night. No issues during the day. The snapshots it takes every 5 minutes are fine at night. And if I live view the video is fine. It is only when motion triggers it at night. This just started happening. The wifi RSSI hasn’t changed and is acceptable. I have a second spotlight on same network with less of a wifi signal and it doesn’t have the issue. I started linking the two so that when the one with the issue detects motion, the second one with less of a signal records. The first one has a black video and the second does not. This issue only started over the past month.

Hi @Deeaski. I’d recommend making sure the ports and protocols used by Ring devices are open. This does require more advanced router settings, so you may need to contact your internet service provider if you’re unsure where these settings are located at. If this continues to happen after checking the ports and protocols and making sure the RSSI shows a stable connection, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This is not solved. The issue is worse. Before I could live view and now I can’t even do that. I’ve followed all troubleshooting steps. Ports are not an issue. I another spotlight cam on the same network that doesn’t have the issue. Given the many complaints I’ve seen with this same issue, I believe this is a product defect. How do I get this resolved.

@Deeaski Black video and the Live View not loading are typically symptoms of a connection related concern. If you haven’t already, you can try rebooting your wifi router and rebooting the affected Spotlight Cam by following the steps here. If that doesn’t resolve this concern, please follow up with our support team. Our support team can offer more advanced troubleshooting assistance and review the device information.