Spotlight Cam Battery Will NOT Work

Why, after all this time is this still an issue with so many Ring customers? Anyway, I’m having a heck of a time getting my Spotlight Cam Battery. I’ve literally spent hours and hours on this and still no go…Argh!!! There. I feel better. Well, not really.

I’ve gone through ALL the steps ad infinitum without any results, starting with “Select Device” and all the way to “Device To Use With Ring”. I select “Connect” vs “Cancel.” And that’s as far as I can get. “Connect” is grayed out.

I don’t have a clue what to do now. This is sooooooooooooo frustrating!! Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thank you.

Hi @ringodingo. Are you trying to set your Spotlight Cam up for the first time? If you are, you’ll need to make sure you have a fully charged battery ready for the Spotlight Cam before starting. Then open the Ring App, tap the menu on the top left-hand corner and select Set Up a Device > Security Cams > scan the code or select Set Up Without Scanning and choose Spotlight Cam Battery. You’ll then select your location and be prompted to give the Cam a name before inserting the battery and letting the Cam enter setup mode. Once you follow all of the prompts, you should be able to complete the setup.

If there’s a specific screen that you are getting stuck at, please feel free to attach a screenshot of that so I can take a better look. You can also try resetting the Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds before attempting to set it up again. This can sometimes help with any setup concerns, as well as trying the setup on a different smartphone or tablet if you have one available. :slight_smile: