Spotlight Cam Battery Cannot Adjust Motion Zones

In motion Zones and Alerts you can only disable motion detection in a certain region. Why cant you adjust like my Ring Doorbell 2? I need to extend the area of motion. Please help.

Hey @djadama. Are you talking about the differences in how the Motion Zones customization looks like for the Ring Video Doorbell 2 and the Spotlight Cam Battery, like described here? I did help clear up this concern for another neighbor that thread, but it’s comparing the Ring Video Doorbell 2 motion customization with the Stick Up cam Battery, but the Spotlight Cam Battery is also like the Stick Up Cam Battery in customizing the Motion Zones. Let me know if this helps clear it up! :slight_smile:

Hi Chelsea,

Ok that makes sense but please add functionality to visually set/ drag motion zones in live video. I have been adjusting/slider to adjusting motion sensitivity blindly and its a pain. It would be nice to have the same functionality as the video doorrbell 2.

@djadama Happy to make some sense out of it! I will make sure to pass on this feedback to the appropriate team for you as well, as I agree we should have this aligned across all devices. :slight_smile:

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

@djadama Happy to make some sense out of it! I will make sure to pass on this feedback to the appropriate team for you as well, as I agree we should have this aligned across all devices. :slight_smile:

Thanks Chelsea, Please pass it along. Why make one feature for one device and not the other. We all know the hardware can do this task. We buy these to protect our homes and make sure intruders are detected. Why have one work efficently and the other have flaws.

2 Likes