Spotlight Cam and Solar Panel

Hello,

I am trying to buy a Spotlight cam and Solar panel from my local distributor. They do not sell as a package. When ordering I see that the Solar Panel has a mini USB connector and the camera has a barrell type plug. What am I doing wrong? Part number 8SB1S7-WEN0 and 8ASPS7-BEN0 (Yes, one is white and one is black). Is this the wrong solar panel?

Thank you!

Glad you asked @Mike689! The best way to ensure you have the right Solar Panel, is to compare with ours on Ring.com. The Solar Panel page has a technical specifications section for the chord, and it looks like it is a 13-ft. (3.96-m.) cable with weatherproof barrel connector. The USB cable is not compatible with our Spotlight Camera. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

My problem is the “barrel plug” won’t fit into the spotlight camera. I set the camera up a few weeks ago. It has been running on battery only. Now as I try to plug in solar panel, it won’t fit. Bought together thru HSN special. Who do I call?

Hi @bettemaroney. If possible, could you upload a picture of the barrel plug and the port on your Cam? This will help the Community identify possible solutions. Also, if you need to contact our support team, please give them a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.