Spotlight Cam keep light on >30s after motion detection

I have spotlight cam solar and only have the ability to turn the light on for 30 seconds at a time. It’d be really nice to have the ability to turn that light on and off as we please. It’s frustrating as my house has no other light on the front

I have a Spotnight cam mount (little different than Sspotlight cam solar) but I would like to have the ability to turn the lights on for longer that 15 minute. I would the light to stay on and off as I please.

I would like the same. Without this the ring spotlight is really annoying to use.

I realize this is a battery operated device but mine is solar and recharges its self daily. I see no reason why the app cannot be modified to allow the light ot stay on for a user selected longer period of time. It should be at the discretion of the owner to extend the time that the light can stay on. I have the same problem coming from a wired cam to the solar version when I moved and I am disappointed in not being able to change this setting. It would be much more useful to have setting of 1min, 5 mins, or 10 mins to keep the light on versus the current 30 seconds.

2 Likes

I find that the light only coming on for 30s is absolutely useless. Any chance of adding an option to select the time you want. Thanks.

1 Like

Option to adjust light duration up to 1 to 3 minutes

1 Like

Agree, it will be more useful and add more security to deter someone trying break in.

Please introduce this

2 Likes

+1 please get this one fixed

2 Likes

This would make the spotlight cam much more useful. It would great to have the option to increase the duration of the light stays on. For me if activated by motion the option to have it stay on maybe a minute and if activated manually 5 minutes would be the sweet spot.

2 Likes

This option is definitely needed. Every time I take out the trash, I wish the lights on my two spotlight cams would stay on just a little longer for me to get back inside.

2 Likes

Going dark in 30 seconds is annoying. If the spotlight could stay on longer, e.g., up to 5 minutes, I would happily buy the Ring Solar Panel to keep my spotlight cam batteries charged.

1 Like

Faced similar issue from last couple of hours, Please help me.

My Balance Now

You cannot have the Spotlight Cam Battery’s lights on for more than 30 seconds! without manually turning them on again for 30 secs which isn’t long enough. We need an option for a longer duration 3 mins / 5 mins or ‘on’ until you turn them off. I know its a battery saving thing but still would like the option 100%. 30 secs far too short.

I have the spotlight cam battery with the solar panel so the battery is constantly charging. It truly is very annoying that the light is on for 30 seconds only and is not adjustable. I’m sure a software/firmware update could alleviate this annoyance.

1 Like

This one has been here a long time and still not updated. It’s a simple update it would seem? Let’s allow for us to choose how long they light stays on after motion. 30s is waaaaay too short

2 Likes

This 30 second light limitation for the Ring Spot Light Cam is absurd. My Spotlight cam is connect to an ac adapter through the plug for the solar panel option and the battery stays at 100 % but I’m still limited to a mere 30 seconds of light. Even turning the light on manually using the switch in settings in the app for this camera still only allows 30 seconds, the switch and light go off after 30 seconds. The firmware should be smart enough to check battery levels and if an external power source is connected and allow users to set light time lengths based on battery level and power options. This limitation isn’t mentioned on the products web page. If it was I’d have chosen a different product. I assume this limitation is designed to dumb down the firmware in this camera to prevent users from killing their battery but I won’t live with this limitation. This Ring Spot Cam is being returned because of this limitation!

3 Likes

After a quick, informal test, it looks like my spotlight cam depletes about 1% battery per minute of “light on” time.

I have dual batteries installed and a Ring Super Solar panel installed with a southern exposure. It seems like I’ve seen my camera charge one pack at least 50% on a sunny day. I should be able to leave my spotlight on for 50 minutes a day without ever having to replace a battery.

Very disappointed to have all this power but unable to use it for more than 30 seconds.

2 Likes

Hello, it would be great for spot light camera lights to be adjustable longer than 30 seconds with motion. Mine is wired to solar panel and doesn’t use battery. Thank you

1 Like

Totally agree. Surprised this isn’t already in the base functionality

3 Likes