Spotcam gives generic name on notify

Here’s another… I installed two spot battery cameras. In selecting the in-app notify choices, my camera that I named Backyard gives me the option to select that for my notify. The other, named Driveway does not show the option to select “Driveway” as my notify sound. Besides all the different sound choices, for voice, it only shows a generic “Spot Camera has motion”.

Is that odd ?

Hey @ghoofie. When it comes to audible alerts, the options to pick from may vary based on how you name the device, and if the audible alerts we have available have that word in it. For more common words, like Backyard, we have an audible alert for this in our system, as Backyard is an option of preset names we let neighbors pick from. Although, since you can name the device whatever you want, it seems like Driveway is not an option then for an audible alert. This would be a great feature to add though!

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!