Solar Floodlight Won't Connect to Bridge

As the title says…the app detects the light, updates it, prompts me to add it to group and name it, then tries.to link it to bridge for several minutes before saying there was an issue. I’ve moved the Floodlight directly next to the bridge which gives me the same result. While the app says it’s trying to link, my Alexa dot announces that she has detected the new light, but she can’t control it and I still get the error message and have to start over. Help.

Hi @Duddy99. This Help Center article here has some great tips and tricks on getting the Solar Floodlight to connect to your Ring Bridge. If you’ve tried these steps to no avail, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I did try everything in that article first. Ultimately I had to move the bridge and light to another room and place the light directly on top of the bridge to get it to connect. My assumption is there was some kind of interference. The light is now installed and working properly.

1 Like