Snapshot feature not showing on timeline

Hi @MathewE. We do not have any updates to share at this time. When we have anything to share regarding your Snapshots not appearing on the Event History Timeline, we will be sure to share it in this thread. In the meantime, the marked solution contains all of the relevant information we have available.

Online I was reading that snapshots are supposed to be available if you swipe left from/on the live camera view?? But that doesnā€™t work either! I followed everything and mine is not battery powered so definitely not an issue there. Why do companies always want to pass the buck?? This is YOUR issue obviously, you should fix it asap!

1 Like

Hi @RenB. If you have tried the troubleshooting suggestions in the marked solution and your Snapshots are still not showing up on your Event History Timeline, please follow up with our support team so they can investigate this further with you. The concern may be network-related, and could require more advanced troubleshooting support. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

My SNAPSHOT is NOT working either! Iā€™ve turned it off and back on and done everything Ring suggests but basically it looks like this feature simply doesnā€™t work. My ā€œHistoryā€ shows nothing but motion detects even though Iā€™ve tried using 5-14-60 minutes snapshot settings. I find it frustrating that Ring seems to be washing their hands of the issueā€¦ why not just remove it from the Settings option then.

You need to use the timeline view in order to see the snapshots. If youā€™re viewing the history through the Event History section on the device or by hitting the History button on the main app page you wonā€™t be able to see the snapshots there.

1 Like

Exact same issue here. Absolutely NO snapshots being recorded on either the Ring doorbell or Spotlight camera. Troubleshooted as suggested by Ring support and all the other forum users and no resolution. This issue should have been escalated to the technical team to put a fix in and and push it out to all devices. Disappointing customer service.

Probably not what anyone here is looking for but I found this forum when I was searching for why I couldnā€™t find my snapshot section to review what has happened today.

A message above said about not going to the event history so I went to the live view and tried everything I could to find what I needed.

Ended up hitting end live view and it then came up with my time line including all snapshots.

Not sure if this helps anyone out or not and I donā€™t usually post on forums etc. other than Google reviews but wanted to share thisā€¦

1 Like

Scouring the internet for ā€˜snapshots not workingā€™ and found this. Iā€™m assuming thereā€™s been no update? Tried all suggestions and have a Protect Plus Plan.

Just got off phone with support for same issue. Their answer was to send replacements of my 60-day old Flood Light Cam Proā€™s. I just found this thread though and not confident thatā€™ll work. I have tried the suggestion by @JaffaDuke with no luck, disabling and re-enabling smartcapture etc. In my opinion, itā€™s definitely either software/firmware related or an issue on the account level even Iā€™ve prepaid for the ring protect plus. Anyone else have any success?

Edit- working now After turning the snapshot setting off and on and waiting a bit, the feature appears to be active again. Thereā€™s no indication of the snapshot when scrubbing between actual ā€œeventsā€ such as motion detection, but itā€™s evident as you swipe through that pics are being taken at the appropriate intervals.

Hi all Iā€™m new here but have discovered that the snap shots are taken by myself, they are in the timeline and if I want to save one I pull up the bottom tab and search along the timeline at the snapshots and when I find one or more that I want to keep I just click snapshot, it then appears in my photo app on my phone/iPad. I originally thought there was a folder where the snapshots were kept but no, they are there just not saved.
Cheers Mark

As a dyslexic, please excuse typos and/or grammar errors.

1 Like

I have this same problem - no snapshots - which seems to have been a problem for nearly a year - did anyone get a fix?

I phoned support and was convinced to delete and re-install the app and guess what - no difference.
They were supposed to phone back to check if it worked but they didnā€™t.
I also tried turning off snapshot capture and also changing the interval to 14 minutes, NONE of these worked.

does anyone have any fixes for this?

Protect Plus Plan - Found the same issue today on both Doorbell and Driveway after needing a Snapshot for a possible security concern. I changed the frequency settings on each and then restarted each of them from the app and fingers crossed it has started to work.
The only way to see them it seems is to go to LIVE VIEW and then ā€œhang upā€ and you will get your ā€œTimelineā€

This problem just started for me as well. No Snapshots being captured since last update. Any suggestions?

Hi @Beechnutt. If the troubleshooting steps in the solution did not help, reach out to our support team for further assistance.

I noticed mine was having the same issue. I tried everything on here and still havenā€™t solved the issue. Itā€™s annoying to be paying money to a large corporation for a product that does not work. They need to role out a new update to fix that issue because this is some BS

Hi @user62056. For assistance with your issue, we need some baseline information. What device do you have? How are your Snapshot settings configured? What phone and what version of the Ring app is installed?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.