Snapshot feature disappeared

If its offline flip it online. Function has been a huge difference in the app. Update of course did this. You guys beta test before roll out? With all IOS platforms? Think it’s time for doing a home based camera system I have all control of.

Yeah, this is a week now and still no update from Ring apart from the one last week, and that is not a good way to keep your customers happy, even if it’s a simple “we are still working on the problem” every few days would make consumers feel they have not been forgotten…so come on ring and let us know what is going on, keep your customers in the loop if you want them to continue to be customers.

Hi @gcd. To receive all the latest updates about a Ring outage, you can visit the Status page by clicking the Red Banner at the top of this page or by visiting the link provided in the marked solution for this post and clicking the Subscribe button. This will let you know whats going on and keep you in the loop. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Tom_Ring are you saying that Subscribing to updates will give updates? The status page ONLY says that Rich Notifications aren’t working for battery doorbells - from a week ago. No other update on that matter - so we don’t even know if it is being worked on.

2 Likes

@Riley_Ring you say to check status page for updates - the only mention is when it broke a week ago. No updates, no mention such as “Thanks for your patience, we are still working on it”. As far as we know, it’s not being worked on at all.

2 Likes

That is a rather rude reply if you ask me, as i was quite clear in my post that Ring need to let conumers know with ongoing updates, and pointing them to a page that says nothing but the sevice is down for over a week now is not what i call “keep you in the loop”. :roll_eyes:

We the consumers need to know what has casued the issue and what is being done about it, if anything, and as a paid service this is a very important part of customer service that Ring are not doing at this time, a few days and this approach would have been ok, but a week plus and on going and still nothing is not good customer relations…ring needs to do better.
Oh and while we are talking about that site you linked to, it shows Rich Noti issues starting on the on 5th Aug, then nothing, now excuse me for being dumb but every day since the 5th Aug it should be showing on that site as Rich notification are still down, but the site right up until today states “No issues”, so how is that informing customers of what is happening?

1 Like

Rich notifications for the battery/solar stick up cam are still unavailable. Broken live view feature appears to be simultaneous. Recordings remain available. Firm ware up to date and WiFi is strong. Status update page does not appear to list accurate updates to this issue.

1 Like

Any update on the Rich notification feature? Still not working and it has been like this for over a week now. Any ETA? Are you working on it, as one of the previous replies states, the last thing is from August 5th and no update since then. Would be nice to know guys.

1 Like

Hey neighbors. This concern is still being investigated and worked on. We hope to have a resolution soon. I know how important this feature is for many of you and we appreciate you being patient while we work to resolve this.

Hi neighbors, you should be receiving your Rich Notifications again. Thank you for your patience while our team worked to resolve this. Please follow the instructions below to make sure everything is turned on correctly in your app for you to receive Rich Notifications and you should be good to go!

• Open the main menu in your Ring mobile app in the top left corner.
  • Select Devices and choose which Doorbell or Cam you would like to update this feature on.
  • In your device settings select Rich Notifications and toggle the feature On or Off.

Thank you again for your patience!