Smoke/CO Listener Not Working Consistently

I just set up the Ring Alarm system and put a Smoke/CO Listener a few inches from a smoke/CO alarm. Put the Listener through testing and worked. After that set off three “test” alarms on the smoke/CO alarm next to the Listener. One time it triggered (saw the lights on the Listener indicating it sensed the alarm), got the message through a phone call, and the Event shows in Event History in the app. The other two times the smoke/CO alarm blared at full volume but the Listener didn’t respond. The app shows the Listener “Actively Listening”.

Any ideas why the inconsistency? Anyone else that’s seen this issue?

Reset the Listener then go through set-up again? Defective Listener? Put an Extender closer, even though the Listener shows in the app as connected?

Thank you for any suggestions.

@Mike_K_S Thank you for providing details on what you’ve done so far and what you’re seeing on your end. I would recommend performing a reset and a new setup of the Smoke & CO Listener just to reconfigure it with your system. To reset your Listener, press and hold the setup button for 10 seconds. When the LED ring stops blinking, the reset is complete. After that’s done, you can walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device.

Should the concern persist, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They can take a deeper look at what’s going on and offer more in-depth troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know if my suggestion is helpful, or what support recommends! :slight_smile: