I feel like this is a massive issue affecting quite a few people and there is no one universal fix. So far I have yet to find one that works for me.
ISP: CenturyLink Gig
Router(s): Technicolor C2100T and Orbi RBR750
Install devices tried
iPhone12Pro Max, iPad Pro
I’ve been on the phone with a higher-level tech for over an hour troubleshooting the failure to connect and have tried these things:
- iPhone in airplane mode
- I tried using my iPad
- bridge pretty much touching my router
- resetting bridge
- deleting the app on both iPhone and iPad and restarting the device
- attempted to connect to my ISP-provided router with ONLY the 2.4ghz radio on
- manually connecting to bridge vs. using the QR code
- I’ve checked to make sure that the bridge is not being blocked by my Orbi router(shows up in device list)
- Use my phone as a hotspot(didn’t connect to this either)
- register the MAC address in my ISP router(Orbi app doesn’t have this feature)
- Reset(unplugged) Modem, and Routers
Things I haven’t tried:
- Hard reset of my Ring Alarm panel(not really interesting in trying this since Ring does not recommend this and it would require me to add ALL of my devices back into it again.
Is there anything that anyone has tired that’s not already on the above list to get their Bridge to connect? This is VERY frustrating.