Smart Lighting Bridge setup fails on firmware update

I’ve been experiencing disconnection issue on smart bridge few days ago . Called customer support ring and they have it replaced .Unfortunately still same issue on setup , firmware update failed or wifi connection no signal .Have to do the following procedures below to have it bridge working

1. reset wifi router , reset AP if you have one . Check router if you have dual band brige usaully use 2.5G

2.reset button 10 seconds smart bridge wait until it goes to red led

3.begin setup gain , i did mine multiple times hit or miss setup .If disconnection happen again you have to do same procedure.

4.all my smart lighting devices are linked to bridge and alexa as well , ring doorbel , spotlight no issues

Notes:

smart bridge have unlimited devices per support

there might be software bug cuasing the firmware update failing

ring should have other option to perform firmware update by connecting to brige throughd esktop etc.

I have the same issue, all of a sudden my bridge went offline. I tried rebooting it, reassigned it back to the network, even reset it to factory settings and tried to bring it back online. I even tried rebooting my router, restoring my router with known good settings(nothing changed) and I also tried two different phones and still nothing works. I went and purchased another bridge (because Ring would not let me to speak to the advance team for 72 hours, I setup my new bridge and the exact same thing accrued. Both devices look as if they are on the network but when they go to get the firmware it “has a problem” ya its called corrupt firmware file. Can’t talk to advance team because it hasn’t been 72 hours, (as of today it has) and nothing is being down. Also Ring has NOT sent me the trouble ticket.

Hi @user56155. We can only offer basic troubleshooting steps here in the Community. It seems like you have tried all the basics and are still having the same concern. I recommend reaching out to our support team once more to further investigate your concern. Since you said it has now been 72 hours, you should be able to work with our advanced technical support team.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.