Sidewalk Detection

Does anyone know an easy way to determine if the Sidewalk feature is (secretly) turned on… even though it is turned off in the Ring app?

I am not aware of any notification if “Sidewalk” is turned on or off. I think you have to manually. I can attest that the Sidewalk feature was turned ON without my permission by Ring.

I turned it off after Ring announced this creepy feature. I am very annoyed with Ring that I now have tp monitor the settings because I no longer trust them.

While I’m on the subject, comma ring also changed the settingd for advertising and sharing information. There really needs to be a federal law that holds companies accountable for such things. It is no different than when telephone companies used to “slam” customers.

1 Like

Hi neighbors. This Help Center article here has information on how to opt in or out of Sidewalk. I hope this helps!

Tom_Ring -

I think you may have misunderstood my question. I’m not asking where the Sidewalk toggle switch is in the Ring app… I asking how I can ENSURE that Sidewalk technology is, in fact, NOT being used (without my knowledge and/or permission).

Please remove the “Solved” status on this thread – as the problem has definitely NOT been solved! Thanks.

Hey there, @Frustrated427. If you have toggled off Sidewalk in the Ring app, you can rest assured that this feature is not turned on. There is not a way to secretly turn on Sidewalk. If you have any more questions about Sidewalk and your account, you can reach out to our support team. I’ll be marking this comment as a solution for this post so others neighbors can easily find this information.