Shared Users Can't See 'Camera View' on 'Dashboard'. Why?

I am the ‘owner’ of our home Ring camera. My wife is a shared user and the both of us CAN see the camera feed on ‘Dashboard’.

However, my two children CANNOT view the Camera on their Dashboard on their app. They do get notifications, but if they simply go to Dashboard view, the camera view is not there.

We intalled our Ring about 3 weeks ago; However, I signed up for a protection plan just today.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Hey @rocknrudy311. Could you try having your kids remove the Ring app from their phone, reboot their phone, and then reinstall the Ring app? With the most up to date version of the app, they should be able to see this as your wife sees it as a shared user. If this does not address this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Or perhaps the children should, after opening the app, try tapping the down arrow at the top of the page (it may give their location and say “Shared”) and then select “All Cameras”.