Shared User Getting Motion Alerts in Error

We’ve been having an issue where my wife is getting motion alerts on her app even though I have motion alerts turned off on my app in which I am set to the owner. I have been on her app and it says that we can’t control lights that have been assigned to a light group. She has gotten so many alerts that I have had to disable motion entirely on my battery floodlights. You would think that if I turned off motion alerts on my app, which is set as owner, then her phone wouldn’t get them. Is there a fix for this?

1 Like

I have the exact same (very) annoying problem.

Light cannot be shared as they are in group and group cannot be shared (why?)

Light cannot be installed unless join into a group (why?)

My wife just fade up with the constant notifications and removed the app alltogether. If that issue wont be resolved I will ask to get a full refund for my system (over 1K$) as it is not functioning as promised.

Hi Neighbors! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I know my wife gets enough alerts on her phone as is, so I can see how the Motion Alerts on the Ring app can be a bit too much! This issue seems like it might be a little in depth, as there can be a lot of variables when dealing with lights groups and shared users. For that reason, I suggest reaching out to our support team so they can look at the whole picture to see what may be going on. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Spoke to the service rep. Solution was to sign up on both phone with the same account.

Its more like work around than a real solution, but for me that work.