I connected my new Schlage lock to my Ring alarm and discovered several shortcomings in the integration.
- No way to configure auto-lock time,
- PIN length is limited to the weak 4 digits of the Ring Alarm (should be at least 6 or 8)
- No way to enable/disable lock tamper alarm.
- No way to change the lock master code
- Cannot configure any of the other advanced features I could use in the Schlage app.
- Alexa does not see the lock through Ring
- The Schlage app does not see the lock through Ring.
- Once the lock has been added there seems to be no easy way to re-configure it in the Ring app or the web site.
Due to the security implications of these limitations I am considering moving to a different alarm system which will support the native functionality of imported devices.
These limitations have been brought up multiple times over the last several years but I think Amazon/Ring do not care about these things and only care about the data they collect from the systems deployed.
If there is no ETA in the next 7 days I will remove my Ring account and get something else.
I am seriousely