Setting up custom zones - Ring 2

Hi,

I’ve setup 2x custom zones for my front garden.

What I would like to achieve is having a wider reaching zone which covers my cars parked on the road (including the pavement in front of them) and a second zone just covering my garden. The idea is that I can record the cars when I’m at home (in home mode) but not get notified (as the pavement will keep pinging it) but to receive notifications when someone enters my garden when I’m in away mode.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how to achieve it as it is not very clear online!!

Thanks!

Hi @CemmyZ. To clarify, are you asking to have different Motion Zones trigger notifications based on what mode you have set? If so, that is not an option but it’s a great suggestion you can add to our Feature Request board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! You can also read more about how motion detection works in Ring devices in this Help Center Article. :slight_smile:

@Caitlyn_Ring - Yes that’s exactly what I mean. Shame that it’s not something currently available as this would be a very handy feature!

I’ll pop it on the request board, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like