Server response 424

all ring cameras working outside save one running on solar which checked in health report 3 days ago with a good connection to router. error message on attempted live view is 424. my outdoor Netgear Orbi mesh router satellite is almost next to it and is up and active. Wifi is there, the camera isn’t. Suggestions?

Hi there, @c.r.creatures! This is an odd error to hear happening. As the other Cameras are working on your network, this one should as well. A great step to take, if possible, is trying another mobile device entirely, to access live view.

If not, please perform a reset on your Camera in question, by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once this step is complete, please reconnect your Ring device by following the steps in this help center article. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am having the same problem and yes it will work for a short while after a reset before it looses the wifi again. The other cameras are working ok at the minute, but having to press the reset button negates its use as the reason it was bought was to cover for when I am not here. So if I am not here how can I press the reset button? If there is no answer to solving this problem remotely the camera is of no use to me and is not fit for the purpose it was bought for. Hoping for answer from someone from ring if possible , I am now getting fed up with the whole situation. Anybody know the answer or a number ring in the UK please

1 Like

Ps the RSSI is reading 50.

Hi @bripick. When it comes to wifi concerns and instability, there is no one answer as everyone’s home and wifi networks will vary which can impact the connectivity for your Ring device. You can find some information on how to make wifi work better for you in our Help Center Article here, so I’d suggest taking a look at that and seeing if any of those tips are helpful for your situation. If this concern continues to persist, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here and they can do more advanced troubleshooting. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I am having the same problem.

Also having the same problem in both the Ring and Rapid Ring app for Live View. Motion Alerts and recording still work fine, so it has WiFi connectivity…

Happened randomly with the doorbell first about 3 weeks ago then one of my outdoor cams. It tends to resolve itself after a few days but it is pretty frustrating when you arent home.

Getting the same server response code 424 here. Only one camera of six is doing it. And yes, the lame suggestion by Ring of resetting is only a temp fix because after a few hours it does it again.

This is absolutely the worst response ever. They are wifi cameras and your response is “can’t help you” That’s like a life guard saying, sorry buddy, I don’t know how to swim. I am hoping to get half my money back by selling all six of them on ebay. Not only does the 10 minute time out defeat the purpose of a security camera, but answers like yours make it even worse.

Many say it is a problem with the Gen 3 Stick Cams, as I have seen on other forums of users reporting the same issue: Offline and Live View unavailable. Some say they had success by changing the 2.4GHz WiFi Channel so there is less interference. I did this yesterday morning and it showed offline once as opposed to multiple times a day, but I am going to continue monitoring. I do not see the same reports of other gen cams, however this is happening to one of my Gen 3 cams and my Video Doorbell.

Well changing the 2.4GHz wifi channel helped some. It doesnt happen as frequently. maybe 2 times in 4 days instead of multiple times a days. Still frustrating but I am going to continue monitoring.

1 Like

I havent had the issue recur since 3/13. It looks like changing the channel on the 2.4GHz broadcast is possibly a reliable solution.

2 Likes

Hi neighbors! If you’re experiencing any errors or concerns with the Live View on your Ring Camera or Doorbell, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Review our Community Post on Live View for a list of troubleshooting tips and tricks.
  • Check out our Help Center Article here on how to make wifi work for you.
  • Make sure the RSSI on your Ring device indicates a strong and stable wifi connection.
  • If you have a VPN, disable it when you’re using the Ring app, as the Ring app does not support the use of VPNs.
  • As other users in this thread have suggested, try changing the 2.4GHz wifi channel so there is less interference.
  • Reset your Ring Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, set the Camera back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device.

If this concern persists after trying these troubleshooting tips and tricks, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like