Separate volume for keypad functions

It looks like there is just one volume setting under Audio Settings for the keypad. Here is what I want:

During entry delay, while the keypad is sounding its warning (Beeeep beep beep beep beep), I want that to be at full volume.

When I set the alarm, and it says “Home…and Armed!”, I want that to be a low volume.

If I set the keypad to full volume, I get a loud entry delay, but then when I set the alarm at midnight, it screams out " HOME AND ARMED!" to the entire house.

If I change it to a low volume so that the entire house doesn’t hear when it’s set, then the entry warning beeps are too quiet - I want those to be loud.

So… is there a way to set the volume separately, or is there a way to disable the Home and Armed announcements?

2 Likes

@jkyoung wrote:

It looks like there is just one volume setting under Audio Settings for the keypad. Here is what I want . . . During entry delay . . . beep beep beep beep . . . at full volume.

. . . When I set the alarm . . . “Home…and Armed!” . . . a low volume.

. . . So… is there a way to set the volume separately, or is there a way to disable the Home and Armed announcements?

Correct, there is just one volume setting under Audio Settings for the keypad, or Base Station. With the Base Station I use two keypads, and you can select the “Audio Settings” of each device to set each at a different volumes. I currently have my Alarm Base Station (located in the middle of the house) volume set mid-way, and my downstairs Keypad set at maximum volume, but the upstairs bedroom Keypad is set real low.

But for what you want, to have Alert/Chirps at one volume setting and to vary/customize different volume setting for Alarm Voice/beep announcements . . . I’m pretty sure that’s not available . . . yet :wink:

If it is available, and you figure it out, I’d like to know that too! :slight_smile:

Hey neighbors! @Boone is correct in noting that the ability to adjust the volume for individual alerts and tones from the Base Station and Keypad is not an option. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created aFeature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

1 Like