Sensor issue causing false alarm!

The alarm was triggered at 1:30am last night. It said the front window was opened. I checked and of course it was NOT opened. After a while, the system showed the window was closed and so, I enabled the alarm again. In 5 mins, the alarm triggered AGAIN, saying the front window was open. That was frustrating!!!

We had the alarm system since Jan 2021 and that’s the first time we’re getting these false alarms in the middle of the night!!! It freaked everyone out. How could that be resolved?? How to prevent it from happening again?

Also, my front door contact sensor couldn’t seem to pick up every time we open the door. It seems to be having trouble recognizing the door is actually open.

Please help. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @AhNai. I would suggest resetting the Contact Sensors that are not behaving properly, and then setting them back up in the Ring App. You can find steps on how to factory reset your Ring Alarm devices in our Help Center Article here. If that doesn’t do the trick and you continue to experience these concerns, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can investigate this with you further. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I called the customer service last week and they were going to replace the contact sensor. However, I still have not received the replacement confirmation. So far, I only got an email saying the replacement was ordered, but I haven’t gotten any notification about the shipment. I got the return label though.

That’s very disappointing.