Sensor Battery Drain

Hi, the sensor on the conservatory door is chewing through new batteries in a few days, or even less. I’m constantly having to put new ones in, yet the other sensors have no such problem after being used for a few months.

It’s the furthest sensor from the control box but relatively close to the extender.

The batteries are the same brand/pack as the others and test fine.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks.

Hi, I’m having the exact same problem. Change batteries goes green then around 2 days later yellow. Then goes offline until new batteries. Was going to send it back as defective (I’ve already taken it off my system so the window it’s on isn’t protected at the moment) will be interesting to hear if it’s something that can be fixed.

1 Like

Comparing battery usage to other Sensors in the home is a great step. Try taking the Sensor down from where it is mounted, and place it closer to the Base Station. Check to see if a new battery will act as intended. Resetting your Alarm Contact Sensor is worth trying, especially if it is only one that is having this concern.

If this concern persists, our support team will be happy to take a closer look. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.